Tuesday, July 29, 2008

8 Skinny Habits To Loose Weight Naturally| flat tummy with Abs



A few weeks ago, one of my friends mentioned that she is considering taking a pill to reduce her weight. You must also have seen some convincing television advertisements that promise to get you in shape, and make look marvelous. I am generally not the type of person who falls for such things and, I couldn't believe that my friend was even considering such thing. I take pills (for ailments) only when the doctor forces it upon me! (If I can do without it, I would be the happiest.) So naturally, I was alarmed by what my friend said. I don't believe that there is a magic pill out there, which will reduce several dress sizes without any side effects!





#1.Practicing pang prevention

I read that researchers at Loughborough University found that people who ran before breakfast and pushed themselves physically were less hungry for two hours after eating than those who hadn’t exercised.

I volunteered to run with my friend on weekends. When I went to her house the first day, she was trying out her athletic shoes as if she was wearing them for the first time. I wasn’t surprised that the Adidas shoes she bought three years ago still looked brand new! On the other hand, my worn out discount athletic shoes weren’t branded.

#2.Make Porridge for breakfast

I have been eating porridge for breakfast for about 2 years now. What initially began as a weight reduction method has now become a part of my daily habit. Believe me, it will make you feel three times fuller than eating a croissant!

#3.Eat lots of fiber

A high fiber diet is one of the best ways to loose weight. Whole grain breads, berries such as blackberries, blueberries ..., almonds, flaxseed, broccoli, green peas and other dark green leafy vegetables are a few suggestions.

#4. Drink more water

We often consume a large amount of our daily calories from our sugary drinks. Try replacing your diet soda or coke with water. Initially this might be bit of a bore, but after you get used to it you won’t really feel that you are giving up anything. Also, a glass of water before your meals will even help you feel full. That way you eat less at every meal.

#5. Put less on your plate

Reduce portion sizes by 10% and you will lose weight without going hungry.



#6.Check you medicine cabinet

"Weight gain is a side effect of many drugs" says author of The Pill Book, Harold Silverman. Weight gainers include SSRI antidepressants, antihistamines and corticosteroids for asthma and allergies. Don’t stop taking any medication but do ask your doctor about changing your dose or an alternate.

#7. Only drink on 'weekends and wednesdays'!

Alcohol is full of empty calories that can't be stored. So the body uses them first, and then stores as fat anything else you're eaten surplus to your body's requirements.

#8. Watch less TV

The only two things that burn less calories than watching TV are sleeping and being dead. Be warned: 25% of people who watch two hours of TV a day are obese, as are 70% of those who watch three to five hours.

Your Ad Here

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: